Southwestern Integrated Fibre Technology Inc. (SWIFT)
Employment Status: Contract (3 years), Full-time
Reporting to: Executive Director
Location: Home-based (anywhere within the SWIFT Region)
Southwestern Integrated Fibre Technology Inc. (SWIFT) is hiring a full-time GIS Specialist.
Who we are?
SWIFT is a non-profit regional broadband project initiated by the Western Ontario Wardens’ Caucus to subsidize the construction of high-speed broadband networks across Southwestern Ontario, Caledon and the Niagara Region.
As a member of our SWIFT team, you will be part of a fast-paced, collaborative environment and will be the sole GIS resource for the project.
The individual hired for this position will work full-time for SWIFT on a 3-year contract.
What skills and qualifications are we looking for?
- Sound technical knowledge of GIS acquired through post-secondary studies and at least 1 year of full-time experience.
- Extensive skills with ESRI ArcGIS Desktop software for data conversion, map creation, and data analysis.
- Understanding of or experience with fibre optic, cable, or wireless broadband network design is highly desirable.
- Ability to thoroughly analyze externally created data sets for errors.
- Experience with analyzing and converting KML/KMZ files into ArcGIS data format.
- Ability to independently problem solve and learn in a home-based work setting.
- Knowledge of rural settlement patterns in Ontario.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Windows based software; Word, Excel, Power Point, and E-mail (Outlook).
- Superior interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills including the ability to convey technical information to a non-technical audience.
- Capacity to think critically and solve technical problems individually and in a group setting.
- Undergraduate university degree in geography, spatial planning, or related discipline, or college diploma in GIS.
For detail information regarding the job position download the job profile .
Posting Date March 4, 2020
Closing Date March 18, 2020
To Apply: Interested persons may submit their cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.