Applications Being Accepted for a SWIFT Non-Governmental Board of Director
NOTICE: Application is for half-term fulfillment (April 2022)
Southwestern Integrated Fibre Technology (SWIFT) is a non-profit municipally led broadband expansion project created to improve internet connectivity in underserved communities and rural areas across Southwestern Ontario.
We are currently accepting applications to fill a vacant Non-Governmental position on the SWIFT Board of Directors. The appointed or elected representative would be required to hold office for the balance of the vacant term until the close of the 2022 annual members meeting (April 2022) in which the position could than be extended through another election.
We are seeking an individual with expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Experience in the telecommunications industry;
- Finance, accounting and audit;
- Legal experience;
- Senior organization leadership;
- Experience with and understanding of the board’s oversight role with respect to risk management;
- Previous board experience with solid understanding of board governance.
The Board of Directors role is to help foster the development of SWIFT and provide strategic direction and oversight for the corporation.
A SWIFT Board Director is responsible to:
- Provide strategic direction and oversight for the SWIFT Project;
- Help develop and implement policies that support the SWIFT vision;
- Attend approximately six in-person weekday meetings in various locations across Southwestern Ontario;
- Attend the Annual General Meeting;
- Participate in committee work and associated conference calls;
- Approve SWIFT’s corporate plan and annual budget.
Interested candidates are required to review the Board of Director Selection whitepaper prior to applying for a position on SWIFT’s Board of Directors to ensure eligibility.
To apply, please click here.
Closing Date: January 29, 2021 4:00 PM
Only eligible candidates will be contacted.
Should you have any questions about the role, please contact Deb Fawcett, Executive Assistant, SWIFT.