Southwestern Integrated Fibre Technology Inc. (SWIFT)
Employment Status: 3-year contract position
Reporting to: Executive Director
Location: Home-based (anywhere within the SWIFT project region)
Salary: $90,000 – $100,000 + benefits
Southwestern Integrated Fibre Technology (SWIFT) is hiring a full-time Senior Engineer.
Are you a motivated self-starter who is tired of the commute, comfortable working at a home office and has a strong telecom background with proven success in designing and implementing large-scale networks? SWIFT is looking for you!
Who we are?
Southwestern Integrated Fibre Technology (SWIFT) is a non-profit regional broadband project initiated by the Western Ontario Wardens’ Caucus to subsidize the construction of high-speed broadband networks across Southwestern Ontario.
The project’s approach strives towards the overarching goals of narrowing the digital divide and making small-town Ontario more competitive in the information economy.
As a member of our SWIFT team, you will be part of a fast-paced, collaborative environment and will be a primary technical resource for the project.
What skills and qualifications are we looking for?
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or other related engineering discipline
- Minimum 10-years technical experience in the telecommunications industry with a proven track record of successfully designing and implementing large-scale networks
- In-depth understanding of Fixed Wireless Broadband design concepts, tools and methodologies which enable the candidate to effectively analyze existing and proposed wireless designs.
- Solid understanding of fibre-based telecommunications networks with an emphasis on access technologies (FTTH).
- Considerable exposure to service provider hardware platforms, architectures and design methodologies (including Outside Plant)
- Proven success designing IP network solutions for enterprise and service provider environments
- Working understanding of the Canadian regulatory environment and policies.
- Experience interacting with internet service providers (all tiers)
- General knowledge of various broadband network standards
- Proficiency and proven ability in architecting service provider solutions for residential broadband and enterprise service delivery
- Demonstrated experience producing network designs and functional requirements
- Must have a passion for technology and providing effective solutions for customers
- Excellent written and oral skills.
- Must be a team player and an ability to work independently.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and coordination skills; ability to work calmly under the stress of conflicting deadlines and assignments.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Advanced level knowledge of Microsoft products.
- Valid Driver’s license.
- Licensed Professional Engineer designation is an asset (not mandatory)
For detail information regarding the job position, please download the job profile.
Posting Date: Thursday July 9, 2020
Closing Date: Thursday July 23, 2020
To Apply: Interested persons may submit their cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.