Southwestern Integrated Fibre Technology (SWIFT) is a non-profit municipally led broadband expansion project created to improve internet connectivity in underserved communities and rural areas across Southwestern Ontario.
We are currently accepting applications for up to five (5) non-governmental positions on SWIFT’S Board of Directors. The elected representative(s) would be required to serve a two-year term with the objective of strategically supporting SWIFT in overseeing a $209 million broadband expansion project focused on enabling greater digital equality between rural and urban populations across the region.
We are seeking individuals with expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Experience in the telecommunications industry;
- Finance, accounting and audit;
- Legal experience;
- Senior organization leadership;
- Experience with and understanding of the board’s oversight role with respect to risk management;
- Previous board experience with solid understanding of board governance.
The Board of Directors role is to help foster the development of SWIFT and provide strategic direction and oversight for the corporation.
A SWIFT Board Director is responsible to:
- Provide strategic direction and oversight for the SWIFT Project;
- Help develop and implement policies that support the SWIFT vision;
- Attend approximately six in-person weekday meetings in various locations across Southwestern Ontario;
- Attend the Annual General Meeting;
- Participate in committee work and associated conference calls;
- Approve SWIFT’s corporate plan and annual budget.
Interested candidates are required to review the Board of Director Selection whitepaper prior to applying for a position on SWIFT’s Board of Directors to ensure eligibility.
To apply, please click here.
Closing Date: February 26, 2020 4:00 PM
Only eligible candidates will be contacted.
Should you have any questions about the role, please contact Deb Fawcett, Executive Assistant, SWIFT.