Pre-qualified Internet Service Providers will be submitting proposals for the design and construction of broadband infrastructure throughout Southwestern Ontario, with the aim of connecting underserviced areas.
SWIFT is proud to announce that it has added 12 new eligible Internet Service Provides (ISPs) to its list of pre-qualified Vendors of Record (VORs) with the closure of its second Request for Pre-Qualification (RFPQ). Only ISPs who have met the requirements of the pre-qualification phase will be eligible and invited to submit proposals and project plans to address broadband connectivity challenges within their local areas.
During the pre-qualification phase interested ISPs were required to share information about the exact location of their existing infrastructure and known service gaps, as well as their business structure and financial capacity.
“The SWIFT initiative is vital to the expansion of high-speed rural broadband services in Southwestern Ontario. The more ISPs we are able to pre-qualify, the greater the competition. The greater the competition the better the project outcomes,” says SWIFT Chief Operating Officer, Barry Field. “The RFPQ will enable SWIFT to move quickly and effectively through the project’s upcoming RFP process, essentially streamlining operations.”
The RFPQ practices ensure that only qualified bidders who can demonstrate they are capable of meeting the project’s objectives are eligible to participate in the bidding process of SWIFT’s upcoming RFPs.
Pre-qualified service providers include:
- Bell Canada
- Beyond Air Networks Limited*
- BH Telecom Corp.
- Bluewater Regional Networks Inc.
- Brant Municipal Enterprises Inc.
- Brooke Telecom Co-operative Ltd.
- Bruce Telecom
- Cogeco Connexion Inc.
- Distributel Communications Limited
- Eh!tel Networks Inc.*
- Envi Networks Ltd.*
- Execulink Telecom Inc.
- Frontline 360 Inc.
- GB TEL Incorporated
- Hay Communications*
- HCE Telecom
- Huron Telecommunications Co-operative Limited*
- Hydro One Telecom Inc.
- Internet Access Solutions Ltd.*
- KWIC Internet*
- Lakeland Energy Ltd.
- Multiboard Communications (Start.ca)*
- Nexicom Inc.
- Niagara Regional Broadband Network Limited
- North Frontenac Telephone Company, Elgin Corp.
- Olds Fibre Ltd.(O-Net)*
- Quadro Communications Co-operative Inc.*
- Rogers Communications Canada Inc.
- Silo Wireless Inc.
- TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
- TeraGo Networks Inc.
- The North Frontenac Telephone Company Corp.
- Tuckersmith Communications Co-operative Limited*
- Vianet Inc.
- Wightman Communications*
- Xplornet Communications Inc.
- Zayo Group LL
Service providers who did not participate in SWIFT’s RFPQ process may contact email@example.com for more information regarding the process for placement on SWIFT’s VOR list.